Konstantinos Kotis (https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7838-9691) owns a B.Sc. in Computation from University of Manchester (UMIST), UK and a Ph.D. in Information Management (Knowledge Representation/Ontology Engineering) from the University of the Aegean, Greece. He has worked as a post-doc researcher and adjunct lecturer at the AI Lab of the University of the Aegean (2005-2010), as an ERCIM “Allain Bensoussan” (Marie Curie) post-doc fellow at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (2011-2012), and as a post-doc researcher at the University of Piraeus, Dept. of Digital Systems, AI Lab (2013-2018). He is currently an assistant professor at the University of the Aegean, Dept. of Cultural Informatics and Communication, and a research associate at the University of Piraeus, Dept. of Digital Systems, AI Lab. His research interests include but not limited to: Knowledge/Ontology Engineering, Semantic Web technologies, Semantic Data Management, the Semantic Internet/Web of Things, and Knowledge Graphs-based Chatbots. He has published more than 60 papers (Google Scholar’s h-index 16, citations > 1200) in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences and served as a reviewer and PC member in several journals and conference events. He has also contributed in several national and European projects from different roles/positions (in FP7, H2020, Interreg, and national programs).
Current Research Interests: Knowledge Graphs-based AI Museum chatbots, Semantic Immigration Trajectories, Social and Semantic IoT, Semantic Cultural Data Management.
Full list of papers may be viewed from this page.
Selective 5-years Publications:
- Angelis, S., and K. Kotis, “Generating and Exploiting semantically enriched, integrated, linked and open museum data“, Special track on Metadata & Semantics for Cultural Collections & Applications of the 14th Metadata and Semantics Research Conference, November 30th – December 4th 2020 , online, Springer, 12/2020
- Kotis, K., G. A. Vouros, and D. Spiliotopoulos, “Ontology Engineering Methodologies for the Evolution of Living and Reused Ontologies: Status, Trends, Findings and Recommendations“, Knowledge Engineering Review, vol. 35, issue e4, 2020., https://doi.org/10.1017/S0269888920000065
- Varitimiadis, S., Kotis, K., Spiliotopoulos, D., Vassilakis, C., and Margaris, D., ‘Talking’ triples to Museum Chatbots, HCI International 2020 and The 8th International Conference on Culture and Computing, Copenhagen, 07/2020
- Pliatsios, A., Goumopoulos, C., Kotis, K., Interoperability in IoT: A vital key factor to create the “Social Network” of Things, Thirteenth International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies, UBICOMM 2019, Porto, 09/2019 (Best Paper Award)
- Kotis, K., Athanasakis, I., Vouros, G., Semantically Enabling IoT Trust to Ensure and Secure Deployment of IoT Entities, Int. J. of Internet of Things and Cyber-Assurance, vol. 1, issue 1: Inderscience, pp. 3-21, 2018
- Santipantakis, G., K. Kotis, and G. A. Vouros, “OBDAIR: Ontology-Based Distributed framework for Accessing, Integrating and Reasoning with data in disparate data sources“, Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 90, pp. 464 – 483, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2017.08.031